This is a rough draft of the project:
- The project will last for 2 years.
- During its first part we want to monitor the local area and the surroundings of the participating schools, taking into consideration: litter, green areas (whether there are sufficient amounts of them, their character, status, etc.), waste separation (which is not such a common practice in our country), energy policy, etc.
- The second part of the project will be aimed at active steps made by students to solve the environmental problems detected in the course of the first part. These steps (actions) can have the form of very concrete acts (cleaning the surroundings, waste separation at school and students’ homes), but they can be also presented in the form of campaigns organized by students. Such campaigns may include producing and distributing leaflets, posters or stickers, but also writing letters to municipal authorities in order to call their attention to environmental problems and suggest solutions.
- Students from both countries can find inspiration for their project work during the mutual exchange programme that can last for two weeks. I don’t need to add that such an exchange will provide the students from both participating countries with a wide range of other opportunities such as practicing their English, cultural knowledge exchange, getting to know another part of the world, etc.
- It is necessary to say that the Slovak school can apply for a grant of € 50,000 to cover all project-related expenses of both schools involved.
These are our suggestions. Of course, the content of the project is open and can be further discussed with any school that would like to join us.
If you feel interested in cooperation with a Slovak school and you like the idea of the project, please contact us.